Thursday, March 29, 2012

Random Thursday-Maps You Probably Won't Use Today

Have I mentioned that I don't really care for google (or bing or yahoo) maps? Sure they serve certain purposes very well and I even use them at work when they fit the bill. However, when directing me to your business I prefer a customized map. Here are some examples.

A map to the Kipu Ranch on Kauai where you can enjoy scenic beauty by ramming through it on an ATV.
Directions to Camp del Oro in Nevada City, California. You will probably get lost.


Raffles, an Asian restaurant in Nagoya, Japan. An Asian restaurant in Japan? What an idea!


The Book Loft of German Village - Columbus, Ohio. Absolutely not to scale but emphasizing the important details - and you can't do that in google!


Pasquia Regional Park in Saskatchewan- looks like it was drawn by a kid with cartographic skills.


A very red map of the locations of the Big R Stores in the Northwestern US. I love how the topography ends at the Idaho border!

Here's a map to The Strand - a development in Datarang Sunway, Malaysia. I got the image from Three Meals of Goodness, a Malaysian dining blog. I like the exaggerated earth curvature, and the Ikea.


1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting post, I am from the U.S. and I’ve always wondered about the struggles citizens of other countries have in coming to our country.

    ReplyDelete